About the Competition
Ever come across a book which you felt made a huge difference to your life?
Ever thought how great it would be if you could share that book with the rest of the world?
Ever imagine how that book could make the same difference in the lives of others?
Your chance is here!
To commemorate the 30th anniversary, the Buddhist Library has launched a M.A.D (Make A Difference) Book Competition.
All you need to do is to tell us in 3oo words what that book is briefly about and more importantly, how it has impacted you and made a big difference to your life.
One important point to note is that the book must be related to Buddhism.
Every month from Mar to Dec 2012, we will select one entry to be featured on the Buddhist Library webpage.
The selection is based on TWO criteria: Originality and Ability to inspire others.
Each featured entry will be rewarded with a $300 book voucher from OpenTrolley (opentrolley.com.sg).
What are you waiting for?
Follow the instructions below and send in your entries now!
Step-by-step guide to joining the competition:
1. Read through the Rules and Regulations.
2. Download the M.A.D Book Template. [ Click here to download the Book Template ]
3. Have a look at the Sample Entry.
4. Fill up the template and email it to email@example.com.
Rules and Regulations
1. This competition is OPEN to all members of the public residing in Singapore, except members of the organizing committee and committee members of Buddhist Research society.
2. Only ORIGINAL entries will be accepted. Each entry must be the original work of the person submitting the entry. The submitting person shall bear all responsibilities and consequences of any act of plagiarism.
3. Each participant will be allowed a MAXIMUM of 3 entries.
4. ALL entries should be submitted via email using the template provided.
1. One entry will be selected every month (from March to Dec 2012).
2. The selection is based on TWO criteria: Originality and Ability to inspire others.
3. Each selected entry will be featured on the Buddhist Library website at the start of each month.
4. Each selected entry will be rewarded with a $300 book voucher from OpenTrolley (opentrolley.com.sg).
5. If there are no suitable entries in a particular month, the organising committee reserves the right to withhold the award for that month.
Disclaimers & Additional Regulations
1. At the time of entry, entrants are deemed to have read, understood and be agreement with all the rules and regulations and disclaimers.
2. The decision of the Judges is Final.
3. The organiser reserves the right to edit the language of the featured entry to ensure it is coherent and grammatically sound.
4. The organiser reserves the permanent nonexclusive right to publish, reproduce, display, all submitted entries.